Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, and based on the Arctic region, we create global social benefit. Our scientific and artistic research and education are conducted in close collaboration with international, national and regional companies, public actors and leading universities. Luleå University of... Visa mer
Luleå University of Technology is in strong growth with world-leading competence in several research areas. We shape the future through innovative education and ground-breaking research results, and based on the Arctic region, we create global social benefit. Our scientific and artistic research and education are conducted in close collaboration with international, national and regional companies, public actors and leading universities. Luleå University of Technology has a total turnover of SEK 1.9 billion per year. We currently have 1,840 employees and 17,670 students.
In the coming years, multi-billion investments will be made in large projects in Northern Sweden to create a fossil-free society both nationally and globally. Luleå University of Technology is involved in several of these cutting-edge research projects and in the societal transformation that they entail. We offer a broad range of courses and study programmes to match the skills in demand. We hope that you will help us to build the sustainable companies and societies of the future.
The Electric Power Engineering group in Skellefteå has a good national and international reputation for its leading research, is a world leader in power quality, and has a good national reputation, among others, for its education. Over the years, the group's research results have received attention from both industry and academia. The group currently consists, in addition to the chaired professor, of two additional professors, four other senior researchers, a research engineer, and 18 doctoral students.
As an associate senior lecturer, you will strengthen the group and broaden the research activities as well as be involved in education. Possible research directions are:
• Processing of large amounts of data from measurements in power systems
• Relay protection in distribution and transmission networks
• Connection of solar power, electric vehicle charging, and battery storage to the distribution network
• Limits in transmission capacity for transmission networks and methods to alleviate those limits
As associate senior lecturer, you will carry out research within electric power engineering (the specific direction is determined by you together with the chaired professor), contribute to education at basic and advanced level in electric power engineering and related areas, supervise doctoral students, initiate and carry out externally funded research projects within electric power engineering.
Qualified for an appointment as associate senior lecturer are those who have been awarded a doctoral degree or have equivalent scientific qualifications.
In the first instance, those considered for employment should have completed a doctoral degree no more than five years before the end of the application period. If there are special reasons, the doctoral degree may have been completed earlier. By special reasons meaning leave due to illness, parental leave, clinical service of trust, or similar circumstances.
The following assessment criteria apply to this position:
• scientific expertise
• other assessment criteria
Other assessment criteria (in order of importance):
• being able to teach in English is a requirement
• knowledge of one or more of the relevant research directions: processing of large amounts of data from measurements in power systems; relay protection in distribution and transmission networks; connection of solar power, electric vehicle charging, and battery storage to the distribution network; limits in transmission capacity for transmission networks and methods to alleviate those limits
• ability to cooperate with the surrounding society, specifically companies and organizations in the electric power engineering field
• ability to inform other researchers and the surrounding society about research and development work
• to be able to teach in Swedish
• knowledge of related electrical power engineering directions is considered a merit but of lower importance
Period of employment
For this employment, an employment period of four years applies.
Promotion to senior lecturer
An associate senior lecturer shall, upon application, be promoted to senior lecturer and a position until further notice. If the applicant is qualified for a position as senior lecturer and in an examination is deemed suitable for such a position, is determined in accordance with the assessment criteria set out below.
In the examination, it is required that the associate senior lecturer has completed higher education pedagogical education corresponding to 7.5 credits or has acquired corresponding knowledge in another way.
During the employment period, the associate senior lecturer must also independently, to a considerable extent and with high quality, contribute to the university's research and demonstrate good pedagogical skills.
Additional assessment criteria are:
• The associate senior lecturer must have demonstrated the ability to initiate and further develop a research direction that is suitable for the Electric Power Engineering group.
• The associate senior lecturer must have demonstrated the ability to apply for and be granted sufficient funding for this research direction.
• The associate senior lecturer must have proven ability to contribute to the teaching duties allocated to the Electrical Power Engineering group at the time of decision.
Placement: Skellefteå, Sweden. Starting: to be agreed upon.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Math Bollen, +46 (0)910- 58 5713, [email protected]
or Professor Sarah Rönnberg, +46 (0)910- 58 5721, [email protected]
SACO-S Kjell Johansson (+46)920-49 1529 [email protected]
OFR-S Lars Frisk, (+46)920-49 1792 [email protected]
In the case of different interpretations of this announcement's English and Swedish versions, the Swedish version takes precedence.
We prefer that you apply for this position by clicking on the apply button below. The application should include a CV, personal letter, and copies of relevant verified diplomas. Mark your application with the reference number below. Your application, including diplomas, must be written in English or Swedish.
Closing date for applications: January 28, 2024
Reference number: 4749-2023 Visa mindre